Welcome to the CalSafe Presentation of the Fire Service Technician Training Program.
This douse is intended to provide a base level of understanding and it is intended to be one element of your complete training program.
This series consists of three terminals.
|Will start with the basics, including the applicable codes and regulations of fire extinguishers sales and service in California||View Videos|
Will discuss the elements of the placement of fire extinguishers.
Will explore services and maintenance issues.
The lesson objectives include:
- Know the applicable Laws, Regulations and Codes relating to Fire Extinguishers
- Understand the Classes of Fire Hazards
- Understand and discuss the Underwriters Laboratories classification system
- Use the UL Classification system to evaluate Fire Extinguishers
- Understand how to match Fire Extinguishers to a hazard
- Understand the various different types of Fire Extinguishers currently in the market
- Understand, to the level of being able to discuss, the distribution of Fire Extinguishers
- Participate in exercises on placement of portable Fire Extinguishers
- Understand the required maintenance procedures for Fire Extinguishers
- Understand the requirements to obtain and maintain a Certificate of Registration (C of R)
- Understand the consequences for violations by the C of R holder